Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 19, 2010

A WALK IN THE RAIN-I

Walking in the rain one day,
Thinking about what to say,
Dancing with the drops,I sing and sway,
as the heat turns out to be Rain God's prey.

All of a sudden, my eyes map a transfixed figure,
and my brain goes all haywire as destiny pulls the trigger,
All my friends leave me alone,
And I reply by an angry moan.


I watch the innocent snails to keep my mind at bay,
but he continues to watch me play,
I try to ignore him as best as I could,
but to no avail as he continues to look,
Lost completely; as the rain wets him,
ignorant of the fact that his friends laugh at him.

I try to hide from his sight,
but the experienced player knows where to find his light,
frustated and angry at him because of his stupid deeds,
I walk away as the pack of the snails lead.
 Seven years has gone by,
but he continues to play shy,
Calm and serene he always seems,
He is never going to talk by any means.

But he starts walking alongside me as the rain gets thunderous,
does not know that the girl walking with him is cantankerous,
The butterflies in my stomach begin playing,
and words from my mouth stop leaving,
as he says sorry for his mistakes,
and asks to forgive him whatever it takes.
It is difficult to stand his deep gaze,
his large black eyes seem a long maze.

The fire in the heart burns brighter,
But the mind becomes lighter,
I believe our dreams will never shatter,
and no one can stop our endless chatter.

As the clouds turn the ominous black,
And he says it is nature's prank,
I laugh as the lightening gets wilder,
And my anger gets milder.
It is this rain which bridges the gap between us,
which was wide as the doors of our hearts were shut,
Destiny wanted us to meet again and we met,
Let us see how long this is going to get....

No comments:

Post a Comment